Spring is officially here and it’s time to freshen up your home for the warmer months ahead! While you’re at it, why not give your home that French twist that will say bienvenue. Catherine Lambert , the main character from J’Adore New York, is decorating her Manhattan pad and is adding a few touches of that je ne sais quoi to her fabulous space. Here are her 10 top picks:
1) Add freshly cut flowers to your home: tulips, peonies or lilacs branches from your garden will give any room a boost of colour and scent. If all that you have to work with is a grocery store bouquet, divide the flowers into smaller arrangements by colour and size and place them into tiny vases. You will be pleased with the result.
2) A scented candle in every room adds immediate ambiance and coziness. The luxurious brand Dyptique offers fabulous scents but you can also find lovely ones at Banana Republic. I picked up an amazing citrus scented one in Paris by Maison Francis Kurkdjian and it smells just heavenly!
4) For spring, it’s all about colour. The quickest way to infuse the sunny season into your home is to add fun throw pillows in different vibrant colours and patterns. Fragonard makes lovely pillows embroidered with the Eiffel Tower and you can also find some fantastic ones at Home Sense.
6) Display woven shopping baskets and straw hats in your foyer. It will give your home that French bohemian style à la Jane Birkin.
7) Bring out your favourite design books about cottage or beach homes (as well as your favourite summer reading), it spells summer vacations in a flash! (image from http://makingmagique.com/) 8) Add a bottle of rose scented liquid soap by Roger & Gallet, with notes of peonies and mandarin orange, it will leave your hands revitalized and smelling delicious!
10) Clean out your closets and display your articles of clothing by colour. You will be drawn to the more colourful pieces that will put you in a cheery Spring mood.
(Thank you to author Isabelle Lafleche for getting in touch with Catherine)