Remember when your mom read to you when you were little? Maybe she’s the one that made you fall in love with reading in the first place. This Mother’s Day tell mom thank you and give her the gift of reading with one of these ten books:
Click on each title to start reading or learn more about the book
1) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen — This is a gorgeous love story set in a traveling circus during the Depression. It’s also now a movie, starring Robert Pattison and Reese Witherspoon. (Perfect Mother’s Day gift idea? This book with tickets to the movie inside!)
3) The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon — The incredible true story of an unlikely entrepreneur who mobilized her community and brought hope to the women of Afghanistan. Book clubs are raving about this one!
4) Savvy Auntie by Melanie Notkin — This is a great gift for that cool aunt, great-aunt, godmother, or just any woman who love kids. It’s time to celebrate all the savvy women in your life! :)
5) In My Mother’s Kitchen by Trish Magwood — Three generations of simple, delicious recipes so you can make all the meals you were raised on. Looking for a meal to make for mom this Mother’s Day? Check out this book!
6) Anything by Cathy Kelly — Cathy Kelly’s books celebrate family, love, friendship, and the bonds between women, making them the perfect gifts! May we suggest Best of Friends or Homecoming? Or check out more titles here.
7) Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda — This book has been celebrated by women everywhere! It’s a number one bestseller, our very first Certified Savvy Read, and we just keep hearing rave reviews. If your mother hasn’t read this story about motherhood and the lives of two families, one in India and one in America, then this is a great gift for her.
9) Switch by Tish Cohen — A great new book from Cohen, the author of The Truth About Delilah Blue, hitting shelves May 17th. It’s a modern update of the classic Freaky Friday story and a great book for moms and daughters to read together.
10) The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg — For the mother that loves a gripping mystery here’s a story about the mysterious death of a young woman, and a small town with a deeply disturbing past.
There you go! Ten books we think your mom will love. To celebrate Mother’s Day we’d love to hear what books you read with your mom as a child. Let us know in the comments.
Follow me on twitter @shanparsons