It’s the new year, are you ready for a new you? Here are 10 books that will help you improve many areas of your life, whether it’s your outlook on life, your body, your home, or even the way you dress. Want to keep your resolutions in 2011? Renovate your life with these 10 books:
1) Never Too Late – Gail Vaz-Oxlade: If your resolution is to save money this year, Gail Vaz-Oxlade can help! Here, she shows you how to take control of your retirement and your future.
2) The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin: Want to find more happiness in your life in 2011? Follow Gretchen’s 12-month adventure in becoming a happier person in The Happiness Project – now in paperback!
3) Little Princes - Conor Grennan: Want to make a difference in the lives of others in 2011? Read this inspirational story of Conor Grennan’s mission to save the lost children of Nepal. (On sale January 14th)
4) The 10-Pound Shred - Tommy Europe: Ok, this book isn’t coming out until March, but if your resolution is to get in shape, Tommy Europe is your man! If you love watching Bulging Brides or The Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp, you’ll love to bring Tommy home with this book.
5) Harmony – Charles HRH The Prince of Wales: One goal we should all focus on in 2011 is improving our relationship with the environment. In Harmony, HRH The Prince of Wales shows us how we impact the natural world, and how we can work to regain harmony with the environment.
6) The Power of Eye Contact – Michael Ellsberg: Going for a big job in 2011? Want to improve your interpersonal relationships? Ellsberg says your most powerful tool is eye contact. Learn how to use eye contact to strengthen your relationships with this book.
7) Make it Right: Kitchens & Bathrooms – Mike Holmes: Tackling home improvement projects in 2011? Mike Holmes is here to help. Canada’s most trusted contractor will show you the best ways to renovate your kitchen or bathroom, so that you get it right the first time.
8) Straight Talk, No Chaser – Steve Harvey: Ok ladies, if you are out in the dating world in 2011, or would like to improve your current relationship, Steve Harvey has some advice for you. Here, he breaks down what motivates men, and shows you how you can use this to get what you want. Thank you, Mr. Harvey!
9) Lauren Conrad Style – Lauren Conrad: An easier goal for 2011 may just be to improve your personal style. Lauren Conrad Style will show you how to create your own unique look to express yourself. With Lauren’s help you can look and feel stylish every day in 2011!
10) Homework for Grown-ups – E. Foley and B. Coates: This is a fun read for renovating your life in 2011 because it teaches you all those little things you learned in school, and then forgot. You’ll learn science and math all over again, and may even be able to help your kids with their homework. (Bonus, facts like these come in handy at dinner parties!)
There you have it! 10 reads that will help you renovate your life in 2011, whether you want to help others, help the environment, exercise your mind or body, or even if you just want to feel happier.
Do you have any resolutions for the new year? Let us know in the comments!