Summer is almost over but here at The Savvy Reader we refuse to believe it. There are still a few weeks left, and we are going to try to read as many books possible! Starting with today, the best day ever:
1. Book Lovers Day! I know, I know. Everyday is a day to love books… but today let’s celebrate our love for them! Over at Babble, bloggers celebrated by wearing outfits inspired by their favourite books (and Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore is one of them!) Check it out here. At Chicago Now blog, they listed the 9 reasons they love books here. How are you celebrating?
Preach it, Belle.
2. In case you hadn’t heard, Neil Gaiman stopped by Toronto on Tuesday night for his very last signing tour. Of course it sold out really fast, so in case you didn’t get to go click here for a photo from the reading. And here is a post from Womph that talks about how awesome the event was. Have you read the magical The Ocean at the End of the Lane yet?
3. The Savvy Reader Book Club (SRBC for short!) is back with its pick for August! This month read The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo right along with us. For a review to peak your interest, click here. For supplementary material and discussion topics, here is our SRBC post, or learn some author insights in this Q&A with the author, Yangsze Choo!
Even Oprah agrees with our pick!
4. Allegiant— it’s almost here! We are counting down the days here at Savvy Reader (73 days to be exact!) and couldn’t be more excited. To tide you over until October, here is a special sneak peak of the Allegiant jackets on the printing press! So close…
Show your allegiance at HCC Frenzy, and download all the graphics and online bling you can handle! #AreYouALLEGIANT?
5. Speaking of Allegiant, this week the cover for the short story told from Four’s perspective was revealed. Will you be reading The Transfer on September 3rd? I know I will, to keep me satisfied until Allegiant drops!
Phew, that was a lot! Have a fantastic weekend and as always, we’d love to hear what you’re reading on Twitter @SavvyReader!
Follow me on twitter @MegZedd.