Good morning, Savvy Readers! Are you ready to make today all about books? We sure are! Let’s get started!
Here are a few things to keep in mind before we get started:
- Always, ALWAYS use #SavvyReadathon in your tweets regarding which books/how many books you’re reading today! (This will help in making sure you get awarded the right 50 Book Pledge badges).
- If you’re participating on Facebook, always, always comment on the official threads that will be started each hour of the readathon. This will help make sure that our group members that aren’t participating aren’t getting bombarded with notifications!
- If you’re participating on Instagram, be sure you use #SavvyReadathon on your posts. We don’t have an official Instagram account, but we’ll be checking in on our personal ones!
- The #SavvyReadathon is taking place from 9AM – 5PM. Any books tracked before 9AM or after 5PM will not be eligible to put toward badges.
- Keep us up-to-date! Tell us what you’re reading, what’s on your TBR for the day, what you’re snacking on—literally anything—@SavvyReader. We love to chat!
- Read as much as you can, but keep your eye out for fun contests & giveaways on Facebook and Twitter!
- Take breaks! Eye breaks, water breaks, food breaks. Ultimately, it’s not a competition… just a fun day full of reading and chatting about all things books!
- Stay tuned for our next blog post where we’ll tell you all about the exclusive 50 Book Pledge badges you may be eligible for today and how to get them!
- Contests! To be eligible for the contests, you must be signed up for the 50 Book Pledge AND the #SavvyReadathon! If you have yet to sign up for the readathon, feel free to head on over here and fill out the contact form.
- If you don’t receive a badge that you earned today, please email us anytime after Monday May 27th so we can look into this for you. savvyreader(at)harpercollins(dot)com.
- If you have any questions, we’ll be available all day on Twitter. Tweet @SavvyReader or DM us anytime!
There are TWO badges up for grabs during this #SavvyReadathon. The first is a participation badge, which everyone who signs up for and participates in the readathon will earn.
The second is the #SavvyReadathon Bookstagram badge, which can be earned by sharing photos throughout the day and using #SavvyReadathon and/or tagging us in them!
It takes a bit of time to assign these badges, so please be patient with us while we go through all of the readathon participants. If you don’t receive a badge that you earned today, please email us anytime after Monday May 27th so we can look into this for you!
And now, without further ado… ANNOUNCING CONTEST #1!
Have you signed up for the #SavvyReadathon? Are you a 50 Book Pledge user? Then head here to our Mystery Prize Pack contest! One lucky winner will win all five mystery books, which will be revealed on Monday, May 27th, when the winner is chosen!
Happy #SavvyReadathon Day, Savvy Readers!