What is My Book Pledge?
The Savvy Reader team created MyBookPledge.com so you as a reader can keep track of the books you read, see what your friends are reading, earn fun badges, enter contests and giveaways, participate in readathons, and more!
How do I sign up?
You can sign up on MyBookPledge.com through your Facebook or Twitter account, or by entering your email.
What do I do if I receive an error message when trying to login?
If you’re receiving an error message when trying to login for the first time in a new year, you can fix the issue by doing one of the following.
- Go to a separate browser window and log out of the social network (Twitter or Facebook) that you log in with. Once you’re signed out, go back to MyBookPledge.com and click to log in with your social network of choice. The My Book Pledge site will direct you to the log in page for Twitter or Facebook. Enter your credentials and you’ll be redirected to your signed in My Book Pledge profile.
- Clear your cache and cookies from your web browser, then attempt signing in again.
How do I add a book to my shelf?
Once you are logged in, add a book to your shelf by clicking on the “Add Book” button in the top toolbar of the webpage. You will be prompted to choose which bookshelf you’d like to add to.
The other option is to click on “My Shelves” from the same top toolbar, and then the shelf of your choice (Read, Currently Reading, To Be Read, etc.). In the top righthand corner of your shelf, click “+Add Book” and a search bar will appear.
How do I access my shelves from years past?
Once logged in, go to “My Shelves” in the top toolbar. You will be brought to the Read shelf for the current year. On the right side of the screen, you will see a “Navigation” dropdown menu with each year you have participated. Click on the year you would like to access. Once that is loaded, click on the shelf you would like to see.
Not all of the editions of a book are showing up. How come?
This is an issue that our developers are aware of and are still working to fix, but in the meantime there is a temporary solution! If you search “The Home For Unwanted Girls,” it may only bring back the hardcover and paperback editions. However, if you search “The Home For Unwanted Girls audiobook,” it will bring back that edition! If you still can’t find the right edition, please send a us a message on Twitter @SavvyReader or via email to savvyreader(at)harpercollins(dot)com.
What if the book I add isn’t there?
If you can’t find a book you’re looking for, please try the following:
- Search the book in the “Add Book” search bar in the top righthand corner of your shelf (as opposed the search page in the banner)
- Try searching for alternate spelling of the title
- Search for the author’s name by choosing “author” from the drop-down menu to the left of the search bar
- Search for the book’s ISBN (you can find this on any publisher or retailer website) by choosing “ISBN” from the drop-down menu to the left of the search bar
- Include both the title and author name in your search
If your book still isn’t showing up, try using the “Add a Custom Book” option located under the “+Add a Book” search bar.
How is my News Feed curated and how do I follow friends on My Book Pledge?
In order to connect with friends on My Book Pledge, you must follow them. The follow button will show up on their profile. To find friends to follow, you can access their profile by clicking on the links they share on Twitter or search them by name or email.If you want to search for a user, use the Search bar located in the upper righthand of the screen. Make sure you select ‘People’ from the dropdown bar. Handy tip: if you can’t find a friend via their full name, try their Twitter handle, Facebook name, or email address.